Vincent D. Reese focuses his practice on labor, employment, and education law, in addition to commercial litigation. Vince has successfully litigated employment discrimination claims based on race, sex, age, disability, religion, national origin, and pregnancy in Missouri and Illinois State Courts as well as many federal district courts around the country.
Vince has extensive experience in representing his clients’ interests with respect to investigations conducted by the U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission; the U.S. Department of Labor; the U.S. Department of Education, Office of Civil Rights; the Missouri Commission on Human Rights; and numerous other government agencies.
In addition to representing his clients in employment litigation matters and administrative proceedings, Vince frequently advises clients on covenants not-to-compete and unfair competition matters. He regularly conducts seminars and in-house training programs for human resources, supervisory, and managerial personnel. In his labor law practice, Vince advises and counsels clients on all aspects of labor-management relations, and he litigates representational and unfair labor practice matters under the National Labor Relations Act. He has also successfully guided numerous clients through NLRB representation proceedings and has also represented and advised public employers on matters before the Missouri State Board of Mediation.
Vince is a member of the Missouri and Illinois Bars. He is a frequent speaker for the EEOC’s Technical Assistance Program and has authored or co-authored numerous articles on employment-related matters. Vince is also a vice-chair of the Missouri Bar’s Labor & Employment Law Committee and a member of the American Bar Association’s Labor and Employment Law Section, where he has served as a contributing editor of its Developing Labor Law treatise. Additionally, Vince is an adjunct law professor at Washington University School of Law in St. Louis where he teaches pre-trial fundamentals.
Prior to commencing his legal career, Vince worked as a mortgage broker and as a credit and collections manager. He also served as an officer in the U.S. Army Reserve from 1991 to 2003. He is active within the St. Louis nonprofit community, where he serves on the boards of several charitable organizations.
- Vince Reese Guest on Law Firm Launch Podcast
- Supreme Court Rules Discrimination on the Basis of Sexual Orientation or Gender Identity is Unlawful
- Client Alert: Circuit Court Weighs in on New Collective Bargaining Rules
- Missouri Senate Bill 43 Proposes Significant Changes To The Missouri Human Rights Act
Areas of Practice:
- Labor and Employment
- Education Law
- Commercial Litigation
- Truman State University, B.S.
- Missouri Basic Law Enforcement Academy
- Washington University – School of Law, J.D.
- Judge Samuel Breckenridge Award
- Honor Student Award, 1998-1999
- 1998 Environmental Moot Court Competition Winner
Bar and Court Admissions:
- Missouri Bar
- Illinois Bar
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Missouri, Southern and Northern Districts of Illinois
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Eighth Circuit
- Developing Labor Law Committee, American Bar Association, Labor and Employment Law Section
- Employment Law Committee, Defense Resource Institute (DRI)
- Labor and Employment Counsel, St. Louis Metropolitan Hospital Council, Missouri Hospital Association
- America’s Top 100 Civil Defense Litigators 2020® Recipient Award
- 2019 Recipient of Missouri Lawyers Weekly “Diversity and Inclusion Award”
- 2019 Recipient of STL Small Business Monthly’s “100 St. Louisans You Should Know to Succeed in Business“
- Best Lawyers in St. Louis Designation (Labor & Employment Law), 2018-2021
- Super Lawyers Designation, 2018-2020
- National Black Lawyers “Top 100 Lawyers,” 2016-2019
- FOCUS St. Louis Leadership Class of 2012-2013
- F. William McCalpin Pro Bono Award, 2009
- Award for Outstanding Commitment to Legal Services, St. Louis Volunteer Lawyer Program, 2006
- Volunteer of the Year Award, St. Louis Volunteer Lawyer Program, 2005
Charitable & Civic Activities:
- Chesterfield Chamber of Commerce (Board of Directors; Member, 2015-present)
- St. Louis Volunteer Lawyer Program, Legal Services of Eastern Missouri (1997-2016)
- Catholic Charities Community Services (Board Member, 2000-2016; Board President, 2011-2015)
- United for Children (Board Member, 2009-2011; Executive Vice President, 2011 – 2017)
- Lydia’s House (Board of Directors; Member, 2010-2016)
- Christian Brothers College High School (Board of Directors; Member 2014 – present)