Natalie A. Hoernschemeyer practices in the areas of education, labor and employment law, and general civil litigation, including appellate practice. Natalie provides general advice and counsel to both private and public sector clients concerning personnel matters and contract negotiations. She represents school districts and colleges in student and teacher discipline matters, civil rights violations, employment discrimination issues, and construction disputes.
Natalie has successfully defended public and private sector clients against a variety of claims in state and federal courts as well as in administrative hearings. These cases involve race, age, and gender discrimination, and retaliation. She has litigated a number of cases involving First Amendment speech and religion issues and is a frequent speaker on this area of constitutional law. Natalie also has successfully handled appeals before the Missouri Court of Appeals and the Missouri Supreme Court.
Prior to joining private practice, she served as a judicial law clerk to the Honorable Clifford H. Ahrens, Missouri Court of Appeals Eastern District.
Natalie has authored numerous articles on employment and education for publications such as the Missouri Association of School Business Officials (MoASBO) Journal and the Missouri Association of Rural Education (MARE) Journal. She has also been invited to speak before the Missouri Association of School Business Officials, Missouri Association of School Administrators, Missouri Association of School Personnel Administrators, Missouri Council of School Administrators, Missouri Community College Association, Missouri Association of Rural Education, Cooperating School District, and Educational Office Professionals Conference.
Natalie also teaches as an adjunct professor at Maryville University. She teaches advance school law courses in the graduate program in Maryville’s School of Education.
- Crocker R-II School District Due Process/IDEA Complaint Successfully Dismissed in the Western District of Missouri |
- Hoernschemeyer Wins Appeal for Missouri School District |
- Hoernschemeyer and Boggiano Successfully Defend Lawsuit: No Constitutional Right to Play Sports |
- Missouri Court of Appeals upholds Board of Education’s Decision to Terminate Three Tenured Teachers |
- Trial Court Grants District’s Motion to Dismiss |
- Legislating Bullying: A Brave New World – By: Natalie Hoernschemeyer
- The Tale of the Backpack: Seizure of Property in the Public School Setting – By: Natalie Hoernschemeyer
- Building for the Future: A Guide to School Construction – By: Conor Neusel & Natalie Hoernschemeyer
- Paul D. Coverdell Teacher Protection Act: Federal Statute Provides Protections to School Personnel – By: Natalie Hoernschemeyer
- Pay Discrimination: The Lilly Ledbetter Act – By: Natalie A. Hoernschemeyer
Areas of Practice:
- Employment Law
- Education Law
- Civil and Commercial Litigation
- Appellate Practice
Bar and Court Admissions:
- Missouri Bar
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Missouri
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Missouri
- U.S. Court of Appeals Eighth Circuit
- University of Missouri-Columbia School of Law, J.D., 2000
– Journal of Dispute Resolution, Member
- Marquette University, B.A., 1997
– Magna Cum Laude
– Phi Beta Kappa
– Alpha Sigma Nu
- National Council of School Attorneys
- Missouri Council of School Attorneys
- National School Boards Association COSA Member
- Missouri School Boards Association COSA Member